elmasaurus in the wood pile!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansehnlich1

Retired Hearth.com Member
Dec 5, 2006
Adams County, PA
I don't know, what do YOU think it is?

DSC01622.png

DSC01623.png

stuff on the left is red and/or chestnut oak, the right is rock maple

DSC01615.png

dead ahead and on the right is mostly black walnut

DSC01616.png

mostly black walnut and some ash

DSC01617.png

tried to get a shot of the whole pile

DSC01618.png

back porch, all oak with a bit of cherry there on the right of that main stack, plus the ash can with block supports

DSC01619.png

the oslo in action

DSC01621.png

Drooool...

Carbon_Liberator said:
You guys and your nice neat (little?) wood stacks. :shut: I don't know how you make them so tidy looking.
Good job.

ha! I tell ya, I've been at it so long it's like zen for oak lovers, ya gotta become 'ONE' with the wood, breathe it in, assume a trance like state of higher consciousness.....

NAH, I just look at the end pieces when I stack 'em up, criss cross, and make sure they are squared up and level as I go up, that's all.

Now thats what I'm talking about!!

Beautiful.

Nice work. You've been a busy little beaver!

How many cord? I'm guessing between 12 and 15?

Very nice! Looks like you also have the addiction! How has the Oslo been for you?

nice carving and nice stacks. whats the deal with the picnic table right next to the stacks? Good beverage location?

timusp40 said:
Very nice! Looks like you also have the addiction! How has the Oslo been for you?

This is the 5th winter for us and the Oslo. I've replaced the baffle on it, and that's it.

We've burned about 80 gallons of fuel oil, and we run a 1500 watt oil filled heater in a back bathroom when it's real cold, meaning in the 20's or less. Other than that it's been all wood heat.

I think I'd trade up to the F600 if I was given the chance to do it over again, however, I'm not convinced that would be the best thing, the Oslo sure does heat our home well. I have no complaints other than the sticking air control lever, but I remove the air control slide cover and put graphite on it as needed.

maxed_out said:
nice carving and nice stacks. whats the deal with the picnic table right next to the stacks? Good beverage location?

Yeah, I have a burn pit to the right of that picnic table, it's not in the picture there. It's loose laid stone pit for making small fires, doing toasted marshmallows, dogs on a stick, and stuff like that. It's a nice little hideaway in the summer for sure.

infinitymike said:
Now thats what I'm talking about!!

Beautiful.

Nice work. You've been a busy little beaver!

How many cord? I'm guessing between 12 and 15?

Yep, you're right about that estimate, I haven't really figured it out exactly but I'd say there's easy 12+ cord sitting there.....ain't nobody comes to visit me without commenting on the woodpiles, heck, they even go out and look 'em over, take pics, post up on facebook and stuff, haha!

Those stacks are sickeningly neat. If I were closer I'd sneak over and knock them all over ....LOL nice job, looks great

Looks like your set for 5-6 years on your wood, nice setup.

zap

Awesome looking stacks and a lot of primo wood - congrats and enjoy - I love spending time near my stacks.....perhaps having a beverage. Cheers!

That sir is indeed a fine looking setup & beautiful stacks of firewood. May I also add that if my wife ever sees those pics I'm gonna be really screwed. LOL

Nicely done! A C

amateur cutter said:
That sir is indeed a fine looking setup & beautiful stacks of firewood. May I also add that if my wife ever sees those pics I'm gonna be really screwed. LOL

Nicely done! A C

Ha! Don't show her the pics or your screwed, haha!

I run a stihl 270, crafsman el cheapo some times, hand split the ash and walnut, bring the tractor with 3pt splitter out for grapple loads when I get 'em, but a good bit of that wood comes from the property here.

Thanks for the compliments everybody.

Ibuprofen, excedrin, hot showers, you know the drill :)

That's the Lochness Woodmonster guarding some your stacks! Great job!

Great pics & set up.
I bet you'd like to see winter so you can burn some of the beautiful wood :)
Good job on the sauruss thing, does it keep dogs from marking the corners of the wood stacks ? :)

bogydave said:
Great pics & set up.
I bet you'd like to see winter so you can burn some of the beautiful wood :)
Good job on the sauruss thing, does it keep dogs from marking the corners of the wood stacks ? :)

Yesterday the temps went up to about 32F, last night it went down to about 22F.

You are right on witht the winter thing, it's been real mild around here for sure. I've burned up all the uglies and lightweight wood I can find. Now I'm burnin' cherry mostly and have started in on some oak.

I don't want anybody getting the idea though that those stacks were done all at the same time. Some of that oak has been sitting there for 3 years.

ansehnlich1 said:
I don't know, what do YOU think it is?

It is a woodchuckasaurus just waking up and coming out of his hole. This is just a dry run but he'll be back during the daytime on February 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.