Elusive expensive QF Castile OAK adaptor pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett

Dec 3, 2008
SE Vermont
so this is it. the part that costs $143!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it came with the regular oak parts, but can't be bought separately, it was even a special order. so if you subtract say $60 for a regular oak kit, it still costs $83!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a freaking rip off! but it's the only way to attach a 2" hose to the stove.

probably as stupid as their design where you have to remove all the pellets to adjust the feed rate. that's fun.

oh well, hopefully after dropping that much cash it makes a difference. my wife was just complaining about drafts today.

oakpart.jpg

Why a 2 inch hole? I thought most came in at 3 inches. Is there an advantage other than a smaller hole to drill?

Couldn't you just pop out the pre-cut hole plug and attach a collar or adaptor right to the back of the stove?

I hope that panel fits tight in those slots so that you don't have any metal rattle going on.

www_godzilla said:
Why a 2 inch hole? I thought most came in at 3 inches. Is there an advantage other than a smaller hole to drill?

This is for incoming air not the exhaust side which is 3" normally.

The Quadra OAK are sure a money maker for them, I made my own, they wanted $130 for mine.

Codebum,

His hole for the OAK is located on the bottom of the stove with minimal clearance instead of being on the back of the stove like most.

Ahhhh, now I understand why the long tray part is there. Thanks for clarifying that. The picture I was looking at was probably the bottom view and I did not realize that. I guess they they gotcha with that setup.

I'm looking to buy an OAK for my QF Castile, but haven't called my dealer for a price yet. Any suggestions before embarking on my OAK journey?

Also, I couldn't agree more about the feed rate adjustment. It's priceless. I don't know who was paying attention less... the designer/engineer responsible, or me when I thought "Hey, that seems like a simple and practical way to do that on the cheap!" I was only right about the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.