Emergency Vet Liked Murph So Much, They're Keeping Him Overnight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Dammit.

Little dog has a UTD, or stones.

Merry Christmas to me >:-(

He should be home tomorrow. Miss the little demon, a lot.

Sometimes they just can't tell you when they don't feel good, so best to err on the side of caution.

Merry Christmas indeed--good thing you had all that extra money laying around . . .

My old girl had surgery last week, and it's like we turned the clock back a few years. She's a lot perkier, happier, more active. I know all we did was buy her some time, but it is what it is when it comes to vet care, yes?

I hope Murph gets better soon...he is such a cutie. He is one of my favorites out of all the dogs that have been shown off here. :)

We are pullin for Murph to get home....always love the pics you show of the little cutie.

Thanx.

Update from the vet .. he's doing well, and it's stones with a touch of Lyme for good measure. On drugs to eliminate both. He'll be home today and I'll have to keep an eye on him over the weekend ( a blessing in disguise for me).

They're putting together an estimate for surgery to remove them if needed.

Running on 4 hours sleep, should be fun. Will update later.

Hah !! $500, I wish !!

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Thanx.

Update from the vet .. he's doing well, and it's stones with a touch of Lyme for good measure. On drugs to eliminate both. He'll be home today and I'll have to keep an eye on him over the weekend ( a blessing in disguise for me).

They're putting together an estimate for surgery to remove them if needed.

Running on 4 hours sleep, should be fun. Will update later.

Hah !! $500, I wish !!

Hang in there Dixie-it will be ok. We owe you some thoughts and prayers from here!

So sorry to hear about Murph. He is such a cutie, can understand why the vet was captivated - Price you have to pay and all ;-) Maybe it was a good thing, tho, if you caught the Lyme's early...

Get well soon Murph . . . and hang in there Dixie.

I hope things work out OK without surgery.

I want to find a way to get a Social Security number for Jesse James and add him as a dependent on my taxes and health plan.

Our pups & kitties get stones too- doc says from hard water in the well.

Mrs. Blue is the vet-body in our house; if u like I can heck what she says the vet said....

Sorry to hear about Murph's troubles Dix. Hope all goes well. A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Thanks, everyone.

He's home, and very, very tired. I don't think he slept :) Need to consult with his regular vet. They're mentioning surgery to remove the stones.

I'm just glad he's home for the moment.

MurphHome.jpg

Loon, you are Karnac :)

Just got a call from the vet, his stones can be dissolved as opposed to surgery:)

"Stutivites", I think she said? I'm venturing into uncharted territory, here.

He's fighting sleep at the moment, but venturing closer to the PE. I'll take a pic when he crashes. Shouldn't be long ;-)

Good news! Merry Christmas!

Sorry to hear he is having issues here, poor guy. Hope they can dissolve the stones and he's back to his old self soon.

Crash landing site ended up being a little different than the stove

MurphHome2.jpg

Poor little guy is just worn out from everything...just glad he is home with you Dix. If I see any more pic's of him, I'm gonna go out and get a dog :)
To you from another family that is going to be in shock when my credit card bill comes in with the vet bill....our Cat (Mr. Bigglesworth) has been going through some kidney issues lately.
Just glad your Murph is home with you where he belongs and wants to be.
Have a merry xmas dix!

Poor cutie--in the first picture, he looked asleep on his feet, and then it looks like he just fell over and went whomp!

That's pretty much what happened, Snow.

We're eating alittle & drinking water, plus going outside and "free flowing" :)

He's a tough little dog, takes a lot to make him cry out. Only heard it once, when he was rough housing with Erin's dalmation and his butt ended up against the 800F degree glass of the PE. That was a loud one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.