emergency wood stash test run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodzilla

Dec 23, 2007
Mid-Michigan
As I am now approaching the last couple weeks worth of this years woodpile, I decided that it would be appropriate to test my hidden stash of choke cherry. Just to be sure that it was usable, as it was road scavenged and processed very late last fall. To my surprise this is an absolutely wonderful burning wood. It is burning as well as some oak I scored a few weeks back. Tons of these around my house......hmmmmmm!

Cool discovery...good for you.

I don't think I'll have to test mine, but I have about 3/4 of a cord of maple and willow in my shed.

Matt

Indeed, cherry, if necessary, can be burned green. However, you'll still do best to let it season. It is a very good burning wood and we cut and use some every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.