Empress Blowing Fuse 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bab328

Jan 15, 2011
NW PA
I have a free standing Empress that continues to blow fuse #2 on the circuit board. I have been using the Enviro C-10800 service manual ( http://www.enviro.com/help/manuals.html ) to troubleshoot and believe that the board itself is causing the fuse to blow.

I have checked all motors (exhaust, convection, auger) by plugging them directly into the wall and bypassed the high limit switch. I verified that all wiring is free of shorts or any physical damage. All of the motors run quite with no abnormal noises or vibration.

The stove will start up fine. When turned on the exhaust blower runs, ingnitor lights the pellets, fire starts as it normally does. After the stove warms up the convection fan turns on. About 30 seconds after the convection fan turns on is when the fuse blows.

Any suggestions? Did I overlook anything? I'm not looking forward to troubleshooting/replacing the board...

Just plugging in the blowers using a lamp cord isn't the only thing that one might need to test. I think you would also need to check the amp draw of the convection blower, exhaust blower and auger motor. If its poping the fuse it just might be something is drawing to much. Do you own an amp meter?

By the way welcome to the forum, Sorry you had to join because of issues with the stove.

Edit: Another thing could be the wiring has gotten pinched or there is a worn spot that is shorting against the stove body. Please carefully check the stove wiring for shorts after you UNPLUG the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.