Empress FPI #2 troubleshooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2014
SE MA
My Empress FPI quit working tonight. I got the flashing #2, and was unable to turn the stove off, and I finally just unplugged it. I have been doing some reading online, because the technical manual is useless. I have seen mention of a vacuum hose, but have no idea what or where this is. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Whitetail- flashing number 2 is a vacuum switch error, normally caused by a blockage in the exhaust path, or the exhaust blower not developing enough vacuum due to buildup or the air control being set improperly. If its just started, probably time to clean the exhaust blower, exhaust pipe and take out and clean behind the bricks inside the stove. You can also have a blocked vacuum hose or nipple that the hose connects to on the stove. Probably time to clean her up..

Yeah but the empress flip flops the the orange and gray wires. Right behind the control board inside the cabinet on the hopper bottom there is a black switch with a little red button in the center between the wires, push the button in and it should go "click" and your done

Scott- I see what you're saying (4 and 2 error lights getting reversed) but assume the stove is wired correctly. If its an actual vacuum error, suspect stove needs to be cleaned, its getting to be that time of the year..... or maybe could be the over temp, good suggestion as always..

Status
Not open for further replies.