1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Empress FS not lighting all the time

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by srjtr7, Apr 17, 2013.

1. srjtr7

srjtr7 Member

Loc:
    Near Boston
    Sometime my Empress FS lights up and works fine....other times, I click the on button and the burn pot fills up with pellets and does not light.

I unplug it, clean the burn pot and then turn it back on and it starts and runs fine.

Any suggestions?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Murph

Murph Proud Grandparent

Loc:
    Cape Cod
    Any errors? Is the burn pot even getting warm? Loose wire? Has the system ( stove and venting) been thoroughly cleaned?
  3. skinanbones

skinanbones Member

Loc:
    Ontario
    was the burnpot clean to start with? with most of those stove we run in the store we notice that if it has trouble starting it's usally a dirty burn pot that caused the issue.
  4. srjtr7

srjtr7 Member

Loc:
    Near Boston
    All I get is the blinking red light on the settings bar (low to high bar).

The burn pot is somewhat warm...but not hot.

Yes, this happens with a dirty burn pot. I clean it out then it starts right up.

The burn pot is not really even that dirty. I could start and stop this no matter how dirty the burn pot was and it always started.

Could my igniter be getting tired and not be getting hot enough to get past the small amount of crusted ash in the burn pot?

If so, how hard is it to swap it out?
  5. skinanbones

skinanbones Member

Loc:
    Ontario
    if thats your stove in your avator, it's going to be a royale pain in the ass to do. It's going to be easier to unhock the venting and get the stove turned around so you can get good light in there and sit kinda comfortably while swaping it out. It's only 2 screws but you have a limited amount of space and can only come in from the control board side. At the worst it's about a hour to swap out
  6. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Look at the pot, is it warped or have a crack in the steel? The back row of holes needs to sit below the air box. I've seen pots warp and not set in the box properly which misalignes the hole for the igniter and the hot air escapes up the side of the pot instead of inside the pot