Empress Insert clicked and shut down completely

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I'm thinking, checked the circuit breaker for the house, all ok, anyone know where the fuse is on the control board?

Any idea what caused the fuse to blow? I haven't looked for fuses on my Empress. Is there more than one fuse?

No idea, but I went to a couple stores near me, and noone carries 115v 5 amp fuses, have to go to an electrical supply store in the morning.

Replaced the fuse, had to reset the temp sensor, and it fired up. About 3 minutes in, the flame started and it blew the fuse again. anyone have any ideas?

I read both the owners manual and the technical manual from cover to cover and while I saw a few mentions of a fuse, I found nothing about what might cause the fuse to blow. It would seem that if the fuse is blowing when the stove is just starting up, you may have a bad circuit board. Or there may be a problem with the convection blower. Since it isn't on when the stove first starts, maybe the wires to the blower are shorted and when the circuit board calls for the blower to come on, it blows the fuse. Just guessing here, as a newbe to pellet stoves, I really have no idea.

11:45 Sunday morning. My service guy just left. The wires that run from the mother board to the combustion blower were up against the combustion blower, which caused them to melt and ultimately arc out, which caused the fuse to blow. The stove is back up and running with new wires re-routed so they aren't up against it.

Lesson learned, fuses blow for a reason.

While he was in there, he vac'd out the T pipe and did a quick cleaning of the blower etc. It's running like a champ again. I'm very relieved, and will soon be nice and toasty again. Sucked having to rely on oil for about 48 hours!!! It was a cool 68=69 degrees in the house, it's back up to 70 and climbing now.

I'm amazed you got someone to come out on Sunday morning. Glad you did though. When the convection blower on my stove started making a loud noise, my dealer said he'd "get on it right away." That was Jan 25th and I'm still waiting, but it doesn't keep the stove from working so I haven't been forced to use LP.

On Saturday, I was prepared for him to come out on Monday, when he said, I'll be there tomorrow morning, does 10:00 work for you, I was like, hell yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.