Empyer Pro Gassifyer 100 or 200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barkeatr

Jan 22, 2011
Upstate NY
Im looking at an Empyer Pro 100 or an Empyer Pro 200. There is a large price difference between the two (around $2500.) The 100 is rated for less than 3,000 sf and I have 2,000 sf house. I have a long buried line however and I have some heat loss there. I know this as I had a CB 4436 out there before. The 200 has the white tag, but the 100 does not even though they are built the same. I would like to have longer burn times of course...does anyone have any comments on this question. Future expansion is always a consideration also.

any comments or experiences with the Empyer Pro?

If you do a search I think you will find at least 2 EMPY100's here.

Did you ever measure your temp drop through your delivery lines?

go with the 200. when i baught mine i was told by the dealer to not exceed 75% of the square footage rating in order to get longer burn times. if you undersize, you will get shorter burn times. i have a 200 and heat 2000 sq ft and domestic hot water, and can get an easy 12 hr burn time, longest i got so far was 17 hours(with outside temps in the 20's) with about 3/4 of a load of wood. even after 17 hours, just raked the coals, added some wood and was good to go. either way a gasser is the way to go, theyuse a LOT less wood than a "conventional" smokedraggon.

thanks guys..
I have measured my T drop in my lines, its roughly 12 degrees. I didnt bury the line deep enough and I was a bonehead and T boned a connection to my pool off the line, where i should have gone back to the boiler with it. WHere I T'd into the line, its a huge heat loss area even though i put the connection in a buried insulated cooler and filled it with foam. I empty the pool leg in the fall and all winter the snow is melted about six feet down that empty line due to the pipe just being warm from conductive heat migration.

anyway, i will be taking that T connect out of the line.

I will probably go with the 200 unit just to be safe, thanks firecaptain.

barkeater

Sorry, but I am a fan of slight undersizing if you have no storage. Fix your lines too. That is way too much heat loss.

The 200 sounds like the right choice. Especially since expansion lies in the wings. With or without the expansion the flexiblility of the greater fuel capacity can come in handy (as long as the unit is not a wood hog) time and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.