empyer pro tube cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barkeatr

Jan 22, 2011
Upstate NY
i finally got the right wire brushes and i cleaned out my tubes on profab empyre 200. the vertical tubes are tricky...i burned up two flexible rods trying to clean them with drill attached. horizontal tubes were easy. anyone have any tricks on cleaning profab vertical tubes?

also, i put one of those stack temperature probes into my chimey. readings are always in the danger zone, less than 300 degrees. I cleaned chimney today and it was fine. am i doing something wrong? chimney is tall, like sixteen feet or more.

barkineater

The stack temps are always under 350. You should find very little if anything in your chimney, most is burned up in the secondary burn chamber.

We also sell a Flue Active Cleaning Tool with a chopper end on it. $79.99

PELLET DUDE does that flue active cleaning tool have a flexible whip that can take some twisting action ?

Tim

Yes it connects to a drill - the shaft looks like a hydraulic hose with the cutter attached. If I get a second tomorrow I will take a pic and post it.

I to would be interested in seeing that pic...for the tubes i've never used a drill just put the brush on the supplied rod for the vertical tubes and i went out and bought a little heavier rod to clean all the others so there wasnt so much deflection when shoving it in...

Drill Active Tool for Pro Fab Boilers. I would think it would work on others as long as the tubes were not smaller in diameter.

Attachments

• drill active 3.jpg
    drill active 3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 949
  • drill active 1.jpg
    drill active 1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 653
  • drill active 2.jpg
    drill active 2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 533
What is the width of the cutter?

or

Diameter of the fire tube it is made for?

gg

pelletdude said:
The tubes are ID 1 3/4"

Thanks, my Econoburn has 2" Maybe I could bend it out a little to make contact.

gg

that tool looks handy...it looks like i might be able to put my wire brush inside that hose also, to keep the drill tourqe from trashing the lighter grade flex rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.