Empyre Elite indoor wood GASIFICATION boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of them, but that doesn't really mean much. If it were me I'd buy a proven boiler from a company that's been in business for a while. That way you are not the guinea pig and the kinks have been worked out. And when you need parts in 10 years you want them to be available.

Tarm has their annual sale coming up. It's $500 off plus the $1500 tax credit.

It's a tough business and there have been a bunch of companies that have gone belly up in the last few years.

This has the usual no real information on the boiler web site. I'd want to really look a one in person and check out the heat exchanger. The bottom chamber looks like it is in one piece with no removable (replaceable) "U" blocks to catch the flames. It is a clean looking boiler on the outside but without any real details I really couldn't comment on it. Diffidently worth looking into it though.

ProFab sold the rights to Greenwood to market the Empyre outdoor stove with the guarantee that Greenwood would sell a certain number of units per year. When they did not meet quota Empyre started marketing them. This is about the same time Greenwood closed down. The Empyre dealer told me this when I was looking at them.

If you get a chance to look at one, make sure you let us know what you think.

I'm far from an expert, but I looked at an Empyre yesterday. The firebrick / refractory in the secondary burn chamber is in four pieces, looks easy to replace. The unit looked good overall as well.

I just bought an Empyre Elite Model 100. It has a nice size fire box, and is made very well. I have not fired it up yet, my house is a new build and not ready yet. I will be making a video tour of the boiler, as there are no good videos online??? The dealer i got it from had a new DVD that showed alot more images and info than the vids online. Here is a link to the instalation manual, I found this by mistake!!! I wanted more info on it and this helped out! I know have the same binder of info so it is the real manual. http://www.djsonline.com/empyreindoormanual.pdf
If you have any questions I would be happy to try and answer them. I will post video soon.

Empyre Elite Owner said:
I just bought an Empyre Elite Model 100. It has a nice size fire box, and is made very well. I have not fired it up yet, my house is a new build and not ready yet. I will be making a video tour of the boiler, as there are no good videos online??? The dealer i got it from had a new DVD that showed alot more images and info than the vids online. Here is a link to the instalation manual, I found this by mistake!!! I wanted more info on it and this helped out! I know have the same binder of info so it is the real manual. http://www.djsonline.com/empyreindoormanual.pdf
If you have any questions I would be happy to try and answer them. I will post video soon.

I am curious, any info, picture, feedback, input on your new boiler ?

barry488 said:
Does anyone have one of the new Empyre Elite indoor wood GASIFICATION boilers. Any information good or bad?

Thanks Barry

That one was in the running for me, but came in second to the Wood Gun. We had to completely replace our old oil fired boiler, and wanted somehow to keep the heat going in case we went on vacation or something. The Empyre has an electric backup option (I think uses something like 45kw or 75 kw - too much for my 100 amp panel to handle), but they do not have oil backup. The other thing is that the Empyre does not heat DHW, although if you have storage, you can heat it that way. We have a dealer about 20 minutes from here. I found them by sending in a request for info via the ProFab website. It seems a good product, but the WG was a better fit for our needs.

Note to self. Check the date of the original post before making a fool of myself.

I am also interested in that boiler. I would sure like to get some feedback..

Excellent Boiler - KISS principle. Open system does NOT require storage. Can use for DHW - use a 20 plate or sidearm. Lots of satisfied customers. Those that have complaints usually have it connected improperly. once changes are made it is very good.

FarmerTan said:
Note to self. Check the date of the original post before making a fool of myself.

Yes it'S an older thread, but I ''restarted'' it, maybe the OP would have come back with some feedback. There is not much info on this and I know there is a few dealer here in Quebec, so I was looking for some info.

Bumping another one.

Any more feedback on the Empyre? It has recently caught my eye in a more serious way. The intial concern I have is the lower output temps compared to a pressurized unit, then that being lowered a bit more passing the a PE before it hits my system (baseboard) & maybe storage. The electric backup option & claim of not needing storage at all is looking good though.

As far as I know, the only boiler that "needs" storage is Garn.

But probably most would operate 'better' with storage.

i looked at one resently and they seem simple enough on the inside, no ash box per say you have to scrap all the ashes out int a shallow pan or on the floor, the saleman sayed no matter what i bought storage would definatly increase the effiency of the burn as it keeps the fans running untill it burns out, most of the experienced guys on here seem to agree. still need to see a vigas and tarm up close, wife want me to go pellet boiler for less "work", I think she just wants to keep me free for HER projects:)

Status
Not open for further replies.