Empyre Elite indoor wood GASIFICATION boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I see with pellets is that you have no control over what the price does. No matter what you get I'd plan for storage even if you add it later. It really don't cost that much in the whole picture. Many of the boilers out there can be run without storage, but I don't recomend it. Look at page 4 of fine tunning the biomass sticky for what the tubes look like with and without storage. That should be enough to convience you right there.

I currently am running an Empyre Elite 200 which has a 1 1/4 in. supply and return. So far i have a coil in my duct work to supply my house which is 2300 sq/ft and a side arm heat exchanger on my hot water heater. So far the unit is great. I am going to add a 220 gallon storage tank and 4 more radiant zones to feed my garage, breezeway and game room which will add another 2200 sq/ft which will utilize the system to its full capacity. Profab also designed a heat exchanger for the unit which lines up perfect with the supply and return from the boiler making it really simple to install. My only complaint is working with 1 in. pex hahaha. If you have any questions let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.