Empyre elite, woodmaster flex, or central boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctnative

Oct 8, 2012
Just when I thought I was sold on the technology behind the Empyre Elite OWB I read the EPA list of clean hydronic heaters and saw that they list the Woodmaster flex fuel and Central Boiler units as cleaner burning then the Empyre. Anyone have any thoughts, advice, or first hand knowledge on choosing between them? I'm planning on putting an OWB just outside my attached garage and connecting to my existing baseboard heat and domestic hot water (which is currently heated by a Weil Mclain oil funace with a Amtrol indirect water heater) and subsequently adding some sort of heat into my attached garage and then heating my hot tub and above ground pool with the same OWB (the pool only durring the summer months when the house doesn't need the heat :) As I've read an important factor in deciding is on the local retailer/installers who will be doing the install and subsequently maintaining the system. To that end I am in Canton CT 06019 if anyone has any information on the local retailers/installers in my area. Thanks in advance for your information and reply's.

Status
Not open for further replies.