Enclosed Shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmolguin

Dec 16, 2015
Washington
So I have an enclosed shed with one screened window, large barn door, dirt floor. Can I store seasoned fire wood in there? Is not attached to the house.

It doesn't need additional air flow? My plan is to get some wood pallets to put the wood on and kind of rotate it around.

I'm new to the wood stove world. I just had a Jotul 118 installed

Just keep the wood off the dirt floor.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Get some pallets,keep it off the dirt. Any extra air flow is bonus.

I could always just remove or open the large barn doors, they aren't doing much as I don't keep anything in the shed.

Thanks for all your help! Now I know what to do with that shed and my firewood!

I could always just remove or open the large barn doors, they aren't doing much as I don't keep anything in the shed.

Thanks for all your help! Now I know what to do with that shed and my firewood!
It doesn't need additional air flow? My plan is to get some wood pallets to put the wood on and kind of rotate it around.

I'm new to the wood stove world. I just had a Jotul 118 installed

Welcome to the forum..........ask away someone has done it before..........good or bad.;hm

bob

So I have an enclosed shed with one screened window, large barn door, dirt floor. Can I store seasoned fire wood in there? Is not attached to the house.
How do you define seasoned fire wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.