Encore Defiant 2550 Flue Connector - cant find a good one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FrankRade

Sep 19, 2020
kentucky
So I bought the recommended flue adapter for my Defiant 2550. While it does fit, it is not a solid fit. The adapter sits loosely on the stove, and it doesn't provide a solid/ tight fit. Are there any flue adapters that work well for a Encore Ddfiant 2550?

So I bought the recommended flue adapter for my Defiant 2550. While it does fit, it is not a solid fit. The adapter sits loosely on the stove, and it doesn't provide a solid/ tight fit. Are there any flue adapters that work well for a Encore Ddfiant 2550?
Not really even the ones vc sold didn't fit well.

That's what I am gathering. So I'm thinking the best fitting one I have, and some stove cement should be fine.
I prefer rope gasket. It looks a little better and doesn't crack. But it is rediculous.

^^^
What he said. Use graphite rope gasket. Just push it in from the top lightly using nothing sharp or metal.