Encore DOA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackfre

Burning Hunk
Oct 3, 2011
N CA
I went to pick up my stove at the dealers yesterday. He loaded it onto the pu and I got it off without problems. Have it on a 4 wheel dolly, popped the straps and removed the cardboard box and my nice Sand Enamel had obviously taken a huge fall. top is broken door latch and door tops are broken, glass, bottom skirt is shattered. JUNQUE! Sent a photo to the dealer and he called first thing his am. It is a 2552 model and fortunately he has another that he will deliver on Tues while picking up the debris. To his credit, and my great relief, the dealer has so far been very pleasant to deal with and there was no accusation that I had dropped it, which, btw, i didn't.

My question is on the destroyed 2552 there are useful parts I may want to try to buy or negotiate a "hassle factor" consideration . Certainly the catalytic, but what other parts are there that I should be looking to keep from the hulk? I really don't think there is any rescue for this stove. Thanks!

Jackfre said:
I went to pick up my stove at the dealers yesterday. He loaded it onto the pu and I got it off without problems. Have it on a 4 wheel dolly, popped the straps and removed the cardboard box and my nice Sand Enamel had obviously taken a huge fall. top is broken door latch and door tops are broken, glass, bottom skirt is shattered. JUNQUE! Sent a photo to the dealer and he called first thing his am. It is a 2552 model and fortunately he has another that he will deliver on Tues while picking up the debris. To his credit, and my great relief, the dealer has so far been very pleasant to deal with and there was no accusation that I had dropped it, which, btw, i didn't.

My question is on the destroyed 2552 there are useful parts I may want to try to buy or negotiate a "hassle factor" consideration . Certainly the catalytic, but what other parts are there that I should be looking to keep from the hulk? I really don't think there is any rescue for this stove. Thanks!

It probably won't work like that, since it will most likely need to be returned to the manufacturer so the dealer doesn't get stuck with the costs.

That's a bummer. We're there signs of trauma that were obviously visible on the outside of the box?

BeGreen said:
That's a bummer. We're there signs of trauma that were obviously visible on the outside of the box?

Not really! The box had no tears. One corner had the 3/4" staples mostly pulled. Very surprising stove condition based upon the condition of the box. The box wasn't pristine cardboard. but it has been in the warehouse for a couple years so I just looked at it as patina;) I am very pleased with the dealers attitude and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.