end of season cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
do you need to do anything to the motors becides clean them? do they need to be lubed?

Not sure this is the same on all pellet stoves, but my Astoria has 2 little yellow plugs that I take out, and put a few drops of light (20w, or 3 in 1) oil in to lube the bearings, but it's only on the room air (convection) blower....the combustion blower doesn't have any place for oil.....weird.....maybe it has to do with the higher temp that the combustion blower motor runs at.....???

No lubrication is needed on my Quadrafire the bearings are all sealed. I dont know about the St Croix and how the bearings are set up.

No lubrication for the blowers on my prescott. Remove
them and thoroughly clean them. Toothbrush and compressed
air works for me but don't turn the psi up too high.
With the exhaust blower make sure you clean the recessed area that the blower
sits in. I use a small putty knife to loosen the hardened material in there.

thank for the help guys. going to try it myself this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.