end of season cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chas

Sep 8, 2008
ma
well the first year of burning pellets is almost over. As I clean it should I vaccum out all the pellets in the hopper or would it be OK to just leave them there for next season.

This is my first season with pellets also, and I plan on just letting the insert burn until it runs out of pellets. It wont hurt it, and saves the trouble of having to vaccum them out and put them somewhere. I suppose you could leave them in the hopper, I really dont know how the humidity would affect them but you would want to clean the hopper out anyhow to get all the sawdust and fines out of it. I just figure that letting it run out of pellets is easier for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.