Ending the Year Properly with a "Lint-Eater" Cleaned Pellet Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

defield

Nov 21, 2008
South Central Maine
Have been putting off a proper cleaning of the pellet chimney and decided to end the year right with a clean flue.

Had tried another product with a brush connected to a flexible rod, but it just didn't seem to want to follow the contours of the 4" flexible stainless pellet vent that goes up through the former fireplace to the top of a chim,ney that has a kink in it.

Read good things on this site about the Lint-Eater, and I believe that it was the words and wisdom of Imacman that made me decide to purchase one. ( Thanks, Pete!)

Took seven (7) threaded rods to get to the top.

I put Gorrillla tape on the threaded joints and had lots of fun when it was time to untape!! Overkill! Regulat duct tape would have been fine.

I am very happy with the job the Lint-eater did.

Someone asked some time ago if it was OK to just clean the Tee, and tap on the liner to dislodge ash. I believe that it was SWWilliamson who said that there is likely to be a lot of ash that will not be removed that way. He was correct!

Regards,

Ranger

Old ranger, glad I could help a little. The Lint Eater is a real good tool for the exhaust. The person who really needs to be thanked is Mike Holton of Englander....he's the person who first mentioned them as a good exhaust pipe cleaner.

And interestingly enough, it works great on the dryer vent too! :lol:

There ya go a good vent clean out for the new year, nothing quite like it.

I also took advantage of the nice warm weather today to shut down and do a full cleaning of the stove, now I'm sooting up the firebox by running on 1- but at least its pipes are clear.

I even oiled the convection blower.

imacman said:
Old ranger, glad I could help a little. The Lint Eater is a real good tool for the exhaust. The person who really needs to be thanked is Mike Holton of Englander....he's the person who first mentioned them as a good exhaust pipe cleaner.

And interestingly enough, it works great on the dryer vent too! :lol:

ty imac,

i got one and absolutely SWEAR by it! bought mine at lowes for about 28 bucks and its easily paid for itself in "sweat equity" as well as time , takes me about 15 miinutes to clean my vent where it used to take an hour or more due to disassembling it cleaning it and reassembling/reinstalling.

its a great product

I use one too, works great. But no need to tape sections as long as you keep drill spinning CW and don't reverse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.