1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Endless cords continued

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by WellSeasoned, Dec 27, 2012.

1. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Just wanted to post a quick picture of a 3hr cut/split/load, that yielded around 1 1/2 cords. We will continue the assault on the woodpile tomorrow and of course post pics. Pictured is my good friend jeremy, learning about getting ahead!

Attached Files:

chazcarr likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Awesome
  3. scroungerjeff

scroungerjeff Burning Hunk

Loc:
    S Jersey
    Looking good there WS! Those are some nice big ash rounds I believe.
  4. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Yes, we are working on the ash for starters. Will be moving on to the oak in another week. He needs that ash for next year, so we figured on getting that done first. I'll be taking some of the oak for 3 years from now. Be well
  5. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Nice set up, mess all left at the wood site :)
    Looks like you are having fun ;)
  6. NickDL

NickDL Member

Loc:
    Souderton, Pa
    Looks like a fun time.
  7. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    That is awesome, I have no shortage of wood for scrounging but that makes me jealous. Such variety all ripe for the picking. And you can leave all the mess behind! Love it! Get some
  8. TimJ

TimJ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast Indiana
    Don't let Backwoods see you splittin that way with those big ash rounds :cool:
    ScotO likes this.
  9. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

He ain't got nothing on me.... that's not me in the pic;)

However, an older gent did say while we were splitting, when we are his age, we won't be doin it that way no more!
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Yup. First thing I noticed about the picture. I'd have thought you would have trained him in the right way to work! ;)
  11. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

That dude is a beast. I had a 400 lb Gaylord full of skid pieces on my truck from work for kindling' that I loaded with a forklift, unloading, I didn't think that far ahead. He came over to help... let's just lift it. And we did and I lasted about ten feet. I then used a dolly...
  12. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I had that happen with a good friend. At the time he was 71 years old. He wanted to unload his pickup which had some wood. One huge one in there so I figured we'd just roll that off as it looked too big for both of us. Not so! I started throwing off the small stuff and to my surprise, he picked it up. So I thought he'd just turn and drop it. Not so! He walked to the pile and gently placed it. That man has always been super strong and I don't think he ever realized just how strong he was compared to others. He could carry two milk cans full of milk and lift both into the truck using just the one hand. Never looked like he was straining either. I made sure when we were little boys that he would always be my friend. For sure I'd hate to have an enemy that strong!
    WellSeasoned likes this.
  13. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

:)
  14. Pierre902

Pierre902 Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Looks like firewood heaven to me.