Endless cords will end :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your good for another 8-10 years, then those cords will start to follow you around for days after you have finished them.<>

Your good for another 8-10 years, then those cords will start to follow you around for days after you have finished them.<>

So what your saying is that I need to get 8 to 10 years ahead;)

Will do, must get rest. Back is sore from going vertical. Sorry Dennis, nuff said.....

You certainly did something wrong. You should never get sore splitting the way I do.

I have to ask, 4 full cords cut and split in one day? I see pick up trucks with no trailer that would be about 12 truck loads give or take depending on how you loaded. That's an awful lot of work!

I have to ask, 4 full cords cut and split in one day? I see pick up trucks with no trailer that would be about 12 truck loads give or take depending on how you loaded. That's an awful lot of work!

6 truckloads over filled is roughly 4 cords. 10 minute drive away from my friend's house. We started 9 am worked straight through until almost 5. Made 3 trips back and forth. My wife brought lunch to us. Before we left to bring wood to friend's, loaded the saws in the cab, and chained the splitter to a electric pole. We were back within a half hour. Tough day no doubt.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Here is 1 truck .88 cords

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356837348178.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356837348178.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 137
I didn't realize they were 8' beds, it looked like standard beds in the pictures. I've found with loose tossed loads you need about 180-190 ft3 worth of wood to equal a stacked cord.

I didn't realize they were 8' beds, it looked like standard beds in the pictures. I've found with loose tossed loads you need about 180-190 ft3 worth of wood to equal a stacked cord.

I forgot to subtract the wheel wells.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.