Energex American pellets......opinions sought

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Hey everybody, just curious what members that have burned these pellets think....they're the ones w/ the Eagle on the bag (pic below). I've spoken to Jay T. about them, and his opinion is decent middle of the road pellet.

They are the best deal in my area right now...$225/ton (cash or paper check). Still have 1/2 ton of Barefoots and 2 1/2 tons of Cleanfire (shoulder) on hand, but 2 more tons should do me nicely for next winter (will still be scouring CL for deals).

What say you?

Oh, BTW, finally done burning for the year.....have a great WARM summer everyone! :)

Attachments

• 3mc3p63la5T25W65U2b574b46c09a9cc41238.jpg
    3mc3p63la5T25W65U2b574b46c09a9cc41238.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 664
Hello Pete

Looks like a great deal! Maybe you should scoff up at least a ton or 2.

Right now $250 a ton is the price in my area until the big box stores get more in the fall. But who knows what the price will be?

The 1st pre-buy on oil I hear is $3.89 a gallon, that does not look good for next winter's heating fuel prices!!!

Might be best to stock up now!!

BTW. Did you do your yearly cleaning?

I just found a good deal on high temp blower gaskets~!!
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/75522/

macman, Burned those pellets 2 years ago and they are a decent pellet. My only issue was they were very inconsistent in the size of the pellet itself. Some pellets were 2+ inched and some over 3 inches. I am sure they have resolved those issues after two years. Also, they are a VERY dark pellet almost black. Not sure if that means anything but I would buy again if they were priced reasonably like your deal.

Thanks for your thoughts guys....anyone else have any opinions??

I most likely will be picking them up this weekend so I can "lock-in" my stash for next winter (these 2 tons will give me 5 tons total), and then I can leisurely scan for "deals" on CL, newspapers, etc. over the summer/fall.

imacman said:

I most likely will be picking them up this weekend so I can "lock-in" my stash for next winter (these 2 tons will give me 5 tons total), and then I can leisurely scan for "deals" on CL, newspapers, etc. over the summer/fall.

oink oink....lol.... Can never have too many pellets!

imacman said:

do they also make Juniata wood pellets.if they are the same i think the juniata are a below average pellet . so i would be careful

well they are also Juniata .they are some long pellets in those bags . http://btpellet.com/price_list
good price but if you look around i bet you could find a better deal

smilejamaica said:

I have called every pellet dealer I know of within 45 min. of me, and these are the best deal available right now. With the price of gas, that's as far as I'm willing to go.

imacman said:
smilejamaica said:

I have called every pellet dealer I know of within 45 min. of me, and these are the best deal available right now. With the price of gas, that's as far as I'm willing to go.
. my buddy returned his ton of juanita's pellets they jammed his auger. long ones in the bag. a guy at work liked them so if they work for you go for it . i ran 2 bags of them low heat but burned worse.
good luck hope all works out for you

i burned about 3 tons of these the first two years i had my stove (thats what my dealer stocked at the time)

I would rate them average.

Aren't very hot compared to oakies/cubex,
average ash

if cubex/oakies are a 10 and infernos are a 1, these are probably a 5 or 6

briansol said:
........if cubex/oakies are a 10 and infernos are a 1, these are probably a 5 or 6

Jay has told me that the latest batch he burned was better. Even if their a "5 or 6", that's OK.....they will do just fine.

yeah, they kept my house plenty warm on low/mid settings. better than a shoulder, but not top of the line by any means. My batch was from 2008 burning season.

Status
Not open for further replies.