Energex and Maine Choice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Lowes in Brewer has 'em, $269/ton for either one, you haul.
Viking Lumber in Belfast has New England, $275, $300 delivered.
I'm still waiting.

Still think that's too high. Last year's excuse was high diesel fuel prices, high transportation cost. Heating oil at $5.00/gallon. What's the excuse this year? My biggest fear is that the pellet industry is going to greedy itself right out of business. (well, actually, my BIGGEST fear is running out of vodka)

Well.....at least here in Maine MANY people have already made the purchases of pellet stoves. So ....now... people have the option. Perhaps prices will come down when people choose another source and decide pellets can wait. I, myself, am thinking of putting a wood stove back in my basement. My option will be 3 choices of heat. I will not buy wood but have had many opportunities to get it free. So....pellets will have to be worth my while $$$ to stay with them. They hit 300 bucks a ton and I am done til they drop in price. And I'm also hearing that same sentiment at my job where we have a Pellet Co op of at least 100 pellet burners throughout the plant that buy tractor trailer loads to split up. The momentum is building that pellets are just getting way to high. We bought the excuse of high transportation cost as well as other energy costs regarding the pellet making....BUT....whats the excuse now? Energy is half(at least) what it was.

compressedwoodsupplier said:
maybe to high but thats what happens and is happening
Prices will have to come down sometime but WHEN

Status
Not open for further replies.