Energex Economy Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.coolbreeze

Jan 31, 2009
Central Mass
Hello, this is my first post...so here it goes.I have a Harman Accentra, and an Enviro Empress, the other day I tried these pellets, and they are dark and are not premium pellets, but they put out a lot of heat, and the Harman is a bottom-fed appliance, so it the semi-hard ash was pushed right out the way.The reason why I am bringing this up, is because I have seen an intrest in these here, and also, on the bag it states these pellets work best on bottom-fed stoves...Thanks

How much were they? Geeze, I hope were not going to start seeing high ash pellets as the only ones available.

I guess that price is better. What are the specs? are they really called Energex Economy?

Sorry, they are called Phoenix Economy wood pellets. The specs are...not graded pellets, >3% ash, fines less than .5%, and sodium less than 300ppm. You could tell in the ash, there was a little sand, because of glass like beads in a few of the firm clumps..

How many bags of these have you run through the Harman so far?
details...details....please

dr.coolbreeze said:
Two.I know not enough, but I do have Pellet Fever....I love to try different types..I know a this Forum, my mental state, will be understood..

Keep us posted how well your Accentra likes them. I have been tempted to
try out a few bags of standard grade pellets in my Harman,
but have not done so yet. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.