energex green bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Just bought 5 of these yesterday to add to add to my stash, I got them for 5 dollars a bag with a coupon so I said what the heck I'll try them. Popped in the first bag and they are a blended pellet I think 70/30 softwood to hardwood. They have a nice pine smell to them this year and they are burning pretty hot. Ash is ok to its the nice grayish light ash. Pleasantly surprised. Anyone else burning these.

Just bought 5 of these yesterday to add to add to my stash, I got them for 5 dollars a bag with a coupon so I said what the heck I'll try them. Popped in the first bag and they are a blended pellet I think 70/30 softwood to hardwood. They have a nice pine smell to them this year and they are burning pretty hot. Ash is ok to its the nice grayish light ash. Pleasantly surprised. Anyone else burning these.
I burned Energex hardwoods [green bag]..I now use the Golden Pellets.. lot less ash....
sounds like you may have canadian blended pellets.
The Energex American[ grren bag with flag] are pretty hot but also quite ashy..
Energex distributes Stove chows also which most HD's carry.... same pellets/different bag...
below is Energex line.. 1st 2 are hardwoods made here in Upstate Pa..
the rest are made at Energex Canadian plant..

10334287_264993123683145_4939986383952889479_n.jpg

Reactions: JRA
I burned Energex hardwoods [green bag]..I now use the Golden Pellets.. lot less ash....
Energex distributes Stove chows also which most HD's carry.... same pellets/different bag...

View attachment 165134
Yes mine is the dark all green bag so those are the canadians?

Yes mine is the dark all green bag so those are the canadians?
yes.. blend of hardwood/softwood...
Energex makes good clean pellets. Biggest distributer on the Eastern seaboard... always hot/.. some ashy.. some less ashy..
I imagine you will be happy with those blended pellets.

Reactions: JRA
yes.. blend of hardwood/softwood...
Energex makes good clean pellets. Biggest distributer on the Eastern seaboard... always hot/.. some ashy.. some less ashy..
I imagine you will be happy with those blended pellets.
Thanks for the breakdown

View attachment 165134

May try a few bags of Stove Chow from Lowe's and see how they do in my stove. So far I'm happy with the Lignetics with green print. Glass stays clean with small amount of ash. Will pick up a ton in the next day or two.

May try a few bags of Stove Chow from Lowe's and see how they do in my stove. So far I'm happy with the Lignetics with green print. Glass stays clean with small amount of ash. Will pick up a ton in the next day or two.
chows are very ashy but do create lots of heat..
I burned 2 tons during coldest winter with no problems..

Reactions: Peterfield
I found them to be decent heat but ashy. I would say they are a decent middle of the road pellet which would work for the right price. Probably not in January or February for me though...

Aren't the FSU'S rebagged Canadian energex? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.