Energex Pellet Co. in Mifflintown Pa.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

titanracer

Feeling the Heat
Nov 10, 2011
South Central PA., Newville
There factory in Mifflintown PA., near Port Royal PA., caught fire and burnt yesterday.

Crews battle 4-alarm fire at Mifflintown business
Posted: Mar 29, 2014 11:58 AM EDT<em class="wnDate">Saturday, March 29, 2014 11:58 AM EDT</em>Updated: Mar 29, 2014 2:07 PM EDT<em class="wnDate">Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:07 PM EDT</em>
By Katie Mae Bassler - email
From Katie Bierma Wirt
MIFFLINTOWN, Pa. (WHTM) -
Fire crews in Juniata County battled a multi-alarm fire on Saturday morning at around 9 a.m.
Crews were called to the Energex Wood Pellet plant on Energex Drive in Mifflintown after dispatchers said they received reports of explosions.
The fire rose to 4-alarms before crews got it under control just after 11 a.m.
There were no reports of any injuries, and the cause remains under investigation.

Fire update:

Yesterday morning we had a fire at our Mifflintown plant. All of the damage was between the office and the dry raw materials building. The production side of the plant was not affected and will resume production Monday morning.

We want to extend our many thanks to the Firefighters from Juniata, Mifflin, and Perry counties, who responded to the incident and did a wonderful job.

Also, thank you to our great employees who responded quickly to the fire and those who came in to help throughout the day.

Glad to hear there were no injuries, and they'll be back in production. Didn't Barefoot have a very similar fire last season?

Dust is explosive, doesn't matter if it's sawdust, pellet dust, sugar dust, paper dust, aluminum dust. I vaguely recall there are about a dozen explosions a year. Got to be careful. Luckily no injuries.

Dust is explosive, doesn't matter if it's sawdust, pellet dust, sugar dust, paper dust, aluminum dust. I vaguely recall there are about a dozen explosions a year. Got to be careful. Luckily no injuries.
Don't forget "Inferno Pellet" they had a explosion and fire last year in R.I. I believe the plant is shut down? I read OSHA had just fined them from the fire.
Glad to hear everyone is safe !

Status
Not open for further replies.