Energex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami

Feb 12, 2008
NW Connecticut
I am new to this. Have had my stove for three weeks. When I bought it (Enviro Maxx) the dealer sold me Energex pellets. When I needed more I went to a different vender and bouth Energex "Ultra Low Ash". The bags are different, the color of the Ultra Low Ash are lighter in color and the bag seems to have a pretty fair amount of dust (I assume that is what the seasoned members call "fines"). The Ultra Low Ash seems to burn just fine although just really started to burn them in ernest.

The Energex web site doesn't show the the Ultra Low Ash. Does anyone have any experience or comments about the Ultra Low or regular Energex or other comperable pellets that might be a little less expensive.

Thanks,

jem

From what I understand Energex actually owns quite a few different plants in Canada, they have bought out other brands, lock stock and barrel, hence the variation.

I've burned and sold The energex in the past and I found them to be good pellets. Im not sure how they do it now, but yea they made different types of pellets. They had a high ash pellet which was in a white bag with brown lettering. Then they had a white and green bag we used that were low ash. Those burned alot better, and had alot less ash. But as far as pellets go in CT, they are so much more expensive here it seems then other parts of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.