Energy Dept. tax incentives......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just happened to see this on the web. Seems Oregon will give tax incentives for installing things like wood stoves and pellet stoves.....it figures that NY doesn't have anything like this (or if they do, they must have the info pretty well hid...I couldn't find anything), even though our heating bills in the winter (and all of the NE) are much higher than the NW.....scre..d again!

http://www.oregon.gov/ENERGY/CONS/RES/tax/WoodStoves.shtml

Won't help anyone that does not pay taxes. Seniors.

I complained already several times that our politicians are not really interested in any supportive actions, so that home owners would be more aware and could invest in any alternative fuel consumption.
It does not matter from which site we are talking here.
On the federal level our senators are so self centered, they did not get far at all. It stalled. Even though we have an election year.
When looking at the state level like NY, there is no money availabe. The state is so much in the red, it's not funny anymore.
I guess Oregon is on another planet. It is a small start, better than nothing, but someone showed a little bit more brain.
In Europe a homeowner can get a €1,000.-- Tax incentive if he invests into an approved pellet stove etc.

Or look at this story I just found on http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080830/D92SKUA82.html
here a small excerpt:
"The new tax brought in an estimated $6 billion in the last budget year, bulging Alaska's treasury with an expected surplus of as much as $9 billion. This enabled Palin to push a second initiative - giving each Alaskan $1,200 to help them cope with high energy costs."

I guess some more ideas like Oregon or even Alaska would be welcome. But everyone is just afraid to rock the boat.

Don't want to flare more as this is not the place for political discussions, but just my 2cents

macman said:
slls said:

I'm not sure I get your point.....what about everyone else??????

Yes your right, why help old people on fixed income, they are probably going to die anyways.

slls said:
macman said:
slls said:

I'm not sure I get your point.....what about everyone else??????

Yes your right, why help old people on fixed income, they are probably going to die anyways.

You obviously have your own personal issues with this topic, which I have no interest in getting involved discussing w/ you.

When I made the comment "...what about everyone else?", I was NOT trying to say that seniors should be forgotten about. All I meant was that even though some people may not benefit from it due to paying "no" taxes (I'd like to know where that place is), there should be at least some sort of incentives for trying to use something other than oil, etc.

It seems you just want to say that if seniors can't get a tax incentive, then NOBODY should.....pretty selfish, IMO.

I just found out Ohio's H.E.A.P. program does allow for assistance with wood pellets. Nothing for the stove but they will cut you a check if you qualify for the program and you get the pellets.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.