Energy King Hot Water Wood Boiler Model 35EKB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acs55812

Aug 3, 2011
Duluth MN

Attachments

• woodboiler.jpg
    woodboiler.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,010
Looked into one of these myself. Honestly, the price is what attracted me.

Try posting over in the Boiler Room forum (kinda misplaced here) as those guys have all kinds of experience with indoor boilers and especially the newer gassification units.

I should add, I can get this for $2200, its 5 years old (6 year warranty), person broke his neck is the reason he is selling, for some reason he isn't going to burn wood any longer at 70+ years old!

I have an Energy King wood furnace - minus the boiler (was new in 2002 or so). They are made in Chippewa Falls, Wi. Seems to be a good solid unit. Firebox I believe is 1/4 steel with heavy cast doors. It is designed such that the steel sides of the fire box are not directly exposed to the hottest part of the fire. I have only very, very minor warpage of the firebox on the back. Burn from Oct to April and it is my main heat source.

Status
Not open for further replies.