1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Energy King

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Lamb, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lamb

Lamb Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Does anyone here have an Energy King forced air furnace? If you do, how are they and would you buy it again?

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. deerefanatic

deerefanatic Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ladysmith, WI
    We had one. The only reason I ended up on the "boiler road" is because our house chimney was shot and I decided I'd go outdoors before spending money on a new chimney.

They work quite well, though you wan't to be sure it's sized appropriately for your house. For example, you cant run a wood furnace full-bore and store the heat for later with a wood furnace like you can a wood boiler. So the spring/fall seasons will probably find you burning propane/oil........

But, they are significantly cheaper. And, because they are not water jacketed, they tend not to get quite as much creosote buildup on the walls as a standard wood boiler, as the walls can get quite hot during the burn...... But then the damper closes and it goes back into smolder once the house is heated up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.