energy mate heating issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kc90

Feb 5, 2015
southern illinois
I have recently installed a energy mate wood furnace that was given to me by a relative. The stove had been sitting idle for 10 years. Anyway the house I live in now is approx 1500sq feet. I have added a room 9ftx9ft ro accommodate the stove. I have 12ft of double wall flue that is 15ft from peak and a couple inches taller. The only place I had to put the New wood room is 20-25ft from existing gas furnace duct work. After installing furnace she worked great. Good draft and lots of heat. Like a idiot I had adjusted the fan limit switch and now its not heating properly. Right now around 15* outside and this may play a part in my heating issue. I have reset the limits switch to 90 off 150 on and high limit at factory setting 200. I have not changed wood type. I have been burning white oak that has been stacked for a little over a year. During the day the house temp is usually around 73-74 but at night with the stat set at 72* the house is 67*. Even the room the furnace is in the temp has dropped. I would think this furnace should keep the house at 100* if I wanted it to. Both blowers are working. Any ideas. Energy mate 7800 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.