Energy Quiz

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it didn't give me a score at the end. I think I got 6 wrong? Pretty good I'd say. It isn't fair though, as some questions were hard :p

I had a few surprises.

Yes, there were some questions that I intuitively had correct, but chose the wrong answer, like the energy content question that included the hamburgers. Good quiz.

Well now I just feel stupid.

Very informative though.

I got six wrong. two of them are trick questions, because where you get your oil will determine how much gas you get from a gallon.

I didn't do very well.

I blew the biofuel/biomass question too. To me, that's a liqud and ethanol is the right answer.

I did pretty good, but only because I have an investment in the oil industry (a contrarian play) and have learned a lot about it in the process, and got most of the oil-related ones right. That wood was the largest biofuels source was a surprise. Duh.

the statement in question 2 says that hydropower accounts for 35% of renewable energy quote Americans used renewable energy sources to meet about 8% of our total energy needs in 2009. Hydropower provided the most energy, followed by wood, biofuels, wind, biomass waste, geothermal, and solar. Hydropower accounted for 35% of renewable energy use.

yet question 6 states that half of the "renewable energy " used in the us, last i checked that was 50% so questions 2 and 6 are contradictory.

other than that i thought it was fun, i was right on 16 out of twenty obviously missing question 2 i went with biomass (confirmed by the 6th question) as well as a couple others that i flat didnt know , good quiz but the site (.gov) needs to rethink their questions

I hope we are grading on a curve. That was humbling.

Got 4 wrong But some were just best guesses ,some surprises as well,would have to be VEEEEEEEEEEERY smart to get 100% correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.