Energy Saver

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamer

Jul 15, 2008
Southern Vt
Mother nature is the best energy saver there is.
Mid sixties in Vermont with corresponding warm nights???
No wood or oil usage.
Yup - best energy saver

Same in northern CT - why bother fighting to bring the stove up to temp when it's 60 out and 70 in? Doesn't look like we need to bother til about Tuesday!

Ditto here in the mountains of NC. Currently 44F at 8:25am, 60 and sun this afternoon. A small cold front blew through last night, bringing just a wisp of moisture.

Stove hasn't been fired in over a week. Cool change is coming though, and I've got wood laid in and plenty of kindling.

Hold on fellas. You will be needing it soon. We've had way above normal temperatures too....until this morning. It is cold outside!

I have yet to need heat here on the Maine coast this fall. I have fired up the new stove a handful of times to complete the break in, but that is the only burning I have done. It has been too warm, and I get great passive solar. It has been in the 40's and 50's this past week, and without any heat the inside temps this morning are 69 upstairs & 64 down.

Its cold in Indiana and its coming your way!(headed east)

In Ontario Canada, I've been riding the past 3 days! Averaged about 17 celcius...now it's time to put the bike away and install the wood stove.

Well yeah except you [can] get a corresponding morning in August when you wish you hadn't left the window open. :)

(That 60 degree day in November could be melting snow, too ) :)

Been in the 50's and low 60s for the past several days here. Even the nights are warm. So far I've only had about 5 fires.The big boy is all dressed up, 3 cords in the shed, and no where to go.

This is much later than usual. Often I am burning consistently by mid-Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.