Enerzone 2.3i insrrt wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacktop

Feb 1, 2008
northeast
I have an Enerzone 2.3 insert
It has a vermiculite board inside on the top instead of fire bricks. My question is do i need the blanket of insulation on top of it like the fire brick had?

I thought this insert had a C-Cast baffle with no insulation blanket on top.

Were the "firebricks" thinner, but wider and longer than conventional firebrick? Were there two?

Were the "firebricks" thinner, but wider and longer than conventional firebrick? Were there two?
The bricks were same size as the side ones in a single layer. I think 1 1/2" thick? There were two rows of 8 or so firebricks side by side. The vermiculite board is the same thickness

OK, that is not like the current Destination/Solution 2.3 models which have C-Cast panels according to the manual. To get back to your original question, I don't think an insulation blanket will be needed on top. The vermiculite will act as an insulator.

What year is this insert? Are the vermiculite panels factory supplied?

OK, that is not like the current Destination/Solution 2.3 models which have C-Cast panels according to the manual. To get back to your original question, I don't think an insulation blanket will be needed on top. The vermiculite will act as an insulator.
What year is this insert? Are the vermiculite panels factory supplied?
I stopped at the stove shops last week, and I think the 2.3 had two c-cast panels. I think they were thinner than firebricks, though. It sounds like someone fabbed up the boards he has in there now, not factory issue. I'm just guessing, though.

I think the current Solution 2.3 had 2 panels and the Destination has one. But perhaps the older models used firebrick?

I think the current Solution 2.3 had 2 panels and the Destination has one. But perhaps the older models used firebrick?
That was a Solution 2.3 free-standing that I saw...insert may be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.