England 25-PDVC Blower Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconguy

Dec 20, 2014
PA
Greetings,

This is my first post, please forgive any mis-posts or mistakes. My Dad has had this stove for several years now and it's worked great. Today I was cleaning it and decided to see how hard the blower fan would blow on the 9 setting. The fan felt the same through all of the settings except for 0 when it shut off. I would think 9 would really have it blowing. I listened to the fan and it sounds like it never speeds up faster than the initial on speed. My Dad has never have the fan speed above 2 so he would have never found this possible problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

I thought the same thing when I first got my stove, mine has very little noticeable sound difference between 1 and 9 but there is some. The motors that are used in these stoves are basically one speed motors that are slowed down by lack of amps when turned down! Some of them work OK and some work less OK. I'm going to buy a good quality variable speed motor and run it off a voltage regulator, when his one takes a crap!

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if the room blower for the 25-PDV will work in the 25-PDVC. The 25-PDV blower is a higher CFM fan.

Brand new out of the box, I saw No difference in room blower settings 1-9. After 5 years of service, I did notice a drop in output from the blower though. When playing around with my auger motors a few weeks ago noticed the inlet screen of the blower completely plugged up with dust, so I took it off and gave it a good cleaning. It now works as it did when new.

Status
Not open for further replies.