England 25 pdvc noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhalt1

Jan 23, 2008
Western Ohio
Hello All,

Thanks for all of your help in the past. The blower motor on my England 25 pdvc has a vibration noise. If i hold the motor and pull up a little (plastic part, it stops). I have checked all of the screws and they are tight, soooooooooooo, I am guessing dust, but the stove weighs 475 lbs and I can't get to the back of it very easy, is there any way to clean it out? If I do have to pull it out, how hard is it to clean and what do i do?

thanks

Eric

Try checking out the owners manual or dvd that came with the stove, there should be detailed cleaning instuctions. If you lost the dvd that came with the stove, you can get a new one from englands stove works website for free. I think you have to pay a couple of bucks though for shipping. Hopefully that will help you out.

Eric, does your stove have the little panel on the side over the blower that comes off? Mine is a different model but I was able to put a new blower in recently without pulling it away from the wall by removing both the back panel and the little side panel. It was a bit of a stretch for me since I'm short, LOL, but it's doable. Not fun but possible. Have you tried compressed air? I think I'd give blowing it out a shot before I tore into it.

Yes Mine does have the little door, but it is at an angle, I got the first 2 bolts of but can't get to the last 2. Thanks for you help, I have a compressor, how would i go about trying that? I am a little mechanically challenged. But I can do some things. I just don't want to unhook it and move it out until spring so I can just do it once. Thanks so much for you help!

Eric

I'm not sure that your stove is made exactly like mine but Mike told me how to blow mine out recently trying to fix a different problem. It might just work for you.

With the baffle out put the stove in diagnostic mode and turn the exhaust blower on. In the opening behind the baffle there's a shelf. If you run your air hose to the right along the shelf there's a drop off that goes straight down. Get your air chuck down in that hole and turn it on. Make sure you've got rags stuffed around the opening you put the hose through so it doesn't blow soot back at you! This should put a pretty good blast of air to the blower. Hopefully if you've just got a bit of trash in there it will blow it out into the pipe. You might want to check your T when you are done. Mine was full of ash after I did this.

Apparently, there's a serpentine pattern of turns behind the back wall of the stove. The air goes right, down, left, down, right, etc. I guess the farther you can feed the hose in the better it would work but I couldn't get mine beyond the first bend. I hit it with 140 PSI and it sounded like tiny rocks hitting the blower but Mike had told me to expect that sound.

I hope this will work for you or that Mike will see this and comment if your stove is diffrent from mine.

thanks so much for your help.

I know the metal plate that comes out must be the baffle you are talking about. My air compressor probably won't do 140 psi but should get to about 100. I also though about going from the out side in, my stove is a direct pipe out 2 feet through the wall. Maybe I could take the hose push in there and work it in backwords, the only thing is the dust would have to go up, and i don't think it can, but i think my fitting on my compressor is to small to go inside the shelf holes.

you are so kind.

P.S. is that your car? I have a 1070 chevelle ss with a 572.

thanks

Eric

Yep, that's the outlet for my lead foot. lol 527? :bug: I'm assuming yours isn't a street car either. ;-)

yes it is,

It acutally is a numbers matching 70 454, I just took the engine out and put in the 572 crate. It is crazy fast, I took it to the track with slicks it ran a [email protected]. So It runs great, it has air conditioning, power brakes, it doesn"t hook up like yours.............but plenty fast for me. I have had it up to 150 on the highway still keeps pulling, it loves mustangs......

Status
Not open for further replies.