england pellet stove hopper extension

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TROY COOK

Oct 25, 2009
Ramsay, Michigan of the U.P.
I HAVE A ENGLAND PELLET STOVE I JUST INSTALLED A WEEK AGO.IT'S A 55-SHP 22 WITH A 60 POUND HOPPER.HAS ANYONE HAD THE PROBLEM OF THE LAST 20 POUNDS OF PELLET'S CLINGING TO THE SIDES OF HOPPER AND NEVER FALLING DOWN WITCH SHUTS THE STOVE DOWN ?? AND HAS ANYONE MADE AN EXTENSION FOR THERE HOPPER?? ENGLAND DOESN'T MAKE ONE ?? THANKS TO RESPONDERS...

I just installed the same stove last night. One thing I did was take one of those soft sanding pads and go over the entire hopper bottom and sides. I then gave it a good vaccuming and a wipe down with armorall spray wax. They slide like grease lightning once you get the rough surface which they leave on it when it is shipped. This is an example of how they are able to keep the price reasonable on these stoves. Make sure the fines are @ a minium with your pellets the rough surface as well as the fines are the culprit. I had also had the same problem with my pelpro insert and doing the above solved that one also.

Status
Not open for further replies.