1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

England Stove Fireplace Insert / What's Your Experience or Opinion

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by reed102, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reed102

reed102 New Member

Loc:
    Greenville, Oh
    I've been reading all the information I can find about England Stove Works wood burning fireplace insert and believe is right for my situation, and wallet. Your input would be greatly appreciated in finalizing my decision.

I've sent a couple of emails to the manufacture and was impressed with their timeliness in responding. If, after reading your responses, I do finally purchase it I will do so from the local Ace store versus Lowes or Home Depot for two reasons. #1 Ace was lower in price, and #2 they seemed to care about getting answers to my questions and were just very helpful.

What's your experience or opinion.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    What does ACE get for the insert? I am the forum Englander junkie because, even though I don't own one, everybody that I know that has one of their stoves loves them. I am thinking about getting their wood furnace. Except that the $400 price jump since last year turned me off a bit.
  3. reed102

reed102 New Member

Loc:
    Greenville, Oh
    Ace was $975 (including shipping) and Lowes was $1,147. Lowes salespeople were not sure if that included shipping and did not know how, or where, to check to be sure.
  4. BrotherBart

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    $975 for the 13-NCI fireplace insert? Last time I checked that thing was eighteen hundred bucks.

Edit: I just checked. It has come waaaay down.
  5. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

The Englanders remind me of a modern day Fisher Stoves. Plain decent gage welded plate steel.

In a lot of ways they make more sense, than purchasing some overpriced over fired used stove
  6. BrotherBart

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Price mystery solved. The young man had quoted me the pellet insert when I asked about the wood insert. The wood insert is a grand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.