England Stove Works blower speed problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirtwist2

Oct 17, 2007
ct
Greetings,

I have an England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 pellet stove. We've had it for almost four years with no problems. I clean it out and grease the augers every fall before running it for the winter season.

It has recently started having a problem with the blower speed. We start it with the heat range on 5 and the blower speed on 5. After the room is warmed up, we usually run both on 2. What it has started doing recently is: after the stove warms up, the blower starts up and will start dropping the speed on its own down to 0. We will raise it back up and it will start dropping on its own, again. Sometimes, the down button won't work, the up button will work and we can only raise the blower speed.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I don't want to replace the control panel unless I am sure that is the problem.

Thanks!

If you ask they will come........
Mike or Corie to thread 9806 please............... Mike, Corie
I would say if it drops by itself and you can turn it back up with the controls each time, I'd say it is board related But I'd wait for an answer from the guys at ESW...
Welcome to the forum...

sirtwist2 said:
Greetings,

I have an England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 pellet stove. We've had it for almost four years with no problems. I clean it out and grease the augers every fall before running it for the winter season.

It has recently started having a problem with the blower speed. We start it with the heat range on 5 and the blower speed on 5. After the room is warmed up, we usually run both on 2. What it has started doing recently is: after the stove warms up, the blower starts up and will start dropping the speed on its own down to 0. We will raise it back up and it will start dropping on its own, again. Sometimes, the down button won't work, the up button will work and we can only raise the blower speed.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I don't want to replace the control panel unless I am sure that is the problem.

Thanks!

please call me at 800-245-6489, i'll help ya

enord said:
wonder if the contacts are dirty.
i have one the same & would not hesitate to wire a rheostat into the blower circuit or hard wire it so it blows max all the time maybe with light switch.
i love to play with mine! i have no insurance.
u can find wiring schematics online.
Why would you want to take the auto out of the stove? by having it blow on max all the time most heat is removed and thus cooler air is sent into the room IMHO..
By the way......... Way to go ESW

enord said:
GVA said:
enord said:
i have one the same & would not hesitate to wire a rheostat into the blower circuit or hard wire it so it blows max all the time maybe with light switch.
Why would you want to take the auto out of the stove? by having it blow on max all the time most heat is removed and thus cooler air is sent into the room IMHO..

duh! rheostat costs $10 control panel costs?
got mine from the dump 1 happy day & have messed with it since.luckily my basic buttons work though not all buttons on control panel. dont care. do like to play with the thing.

OK since you worded it so well....

Duh Light switch costs $1
Yeah when I was 16 and the fuel pump relay in my car crapped out I put in a toggle switch. But I don't recommend that others do this(especially when they didn't pick thiers up at a dump)
Slow down relax let Mike work his magic :coolsmirk:

Wow, never expected to receive a reply from ESW, never mind two! Thanks, will call ASAP!

Thanks for all the other responses, I received one post total from three other sites and that one recommended I come here.

As for running the blower on high all the time, I'm no expert, but that seems like it would burn the pellets faster without giving more heat and would be an inefficient way to fix or bypass the problem. I'm not opposed to buying a new panel, I just don't want to do it until I know that's what the problem is.

Again, thanks for all the responses, I appreciate the help.

Yeah let them talk you through some trouble shooting. If it is the control board those are $217.

Let us know how it comes out.

actually , depending on the year model i may be able to fix with a few buttons pushed, make sure you ask for me when you call for the record i make it a point only to sell parts if they are needed, if i can fix it without cost , im happy, customers happy , he tells friends, i sell stoves , im even happier <chuickle> seriously though, call me up , i'll get it straight for ya

I called stoveguy2esw and he walked me thru a process that moves both my heat range and my blower speed together. We've had some unusually warm weather lately and I didn't get a chance to try it til now. I've run it for three days straight and haven't had a single problem. Much cheaper solution then replacing the control board, which is what I thought I was going to have to do!

Thanks Mike! And thanks to everyone who responded!

GVA said:
enord said:
GVA said:
enord said:

duh! rheostat costs $10 control panel costs?
got mine from the dump 1 happy day & have messed with it since.luckily my basic buttons work though not all buttons on control panel. dont care. do like to play with the thing.

OK since you worded it so well....

Duh Light switch costs $1
Yeah when I was 16 and the fuel pump relay in my car crapped out I put in a toggle switch. But I don't recommend that others do this(especially when they didn't pick thiers up at a dump)
Slow down relax let Mike work his magic :coolsmirk:

Damn that was great! Thanks for starting my day LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.