England Stove Works - Great Service - Kinda Long

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother in law has an Englander 25PDVC that serves as his only source of heat. Last Tuesday night he called me and said that fire had somehow gotten into the hooper and that he used a fire extingusher to put it out. He asked me if I would take a look at it when I got home from work on Wenesday morning.

I went to his house and began cleaning the stove. When I went to clean around the feed auger something did not look right and found that the auger was disformed on the end and looked as if it had melted. I took the back of the stove off, removed the lower auger motor, and took out the auger assembly. Sure enough the auger had melted.

I got on line and looked up the parts that I thought I needed to repair the stove and contacted England Stove Works to place an order. When I told the person that the auger looked as if it had melted he said that he needed to transfer me to the tech department and that the parts may be replaced under warrenty.

The tech department asked for the serial number of the unit, within seconds he said that the stove was a 2005 model and that the auger would be replaced under warrentry. He placed me on hold and a minute later came back and asked for my brother in laws name as he could not find any proof that the stove had been registered when it was bought. I told him that I did not know if he had registered it or not, but that I needed the parts to repair the stove either way.

He placed me on hold once again and returmed a few minutes later and told me that the parts would be replaced under warrentry and that they would be sent by UPS next day delivery. He said that the only thing was that they wanted the old auger assembly returned to them and that he was providiing a return postage paid sticker in the box.

The package arrived and late Friday, when I opened it I found the following parts:
1 - PU-AUGCA (Complete Lower Auger Assembly)
1 - PU-047040 (Auger Motor)
1 - PU-ABGN (Auger bearing gasket Nylon)
1 - PU-UCF204-12 (Block Bearing 3/4")
1 - PU-HLG (Hooper Lid Gasket)

The people at England Stove have once again proved that they have superior customer support :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: .

Really got to give England's Stove credit for a 6 year old stove. I believe that many other manufacturers would just said "OK you need to order these auger parts" for a fee of course. +++ for England's Stove Works++++

Once again, this is the reason I bought from Englander. Doubt you'd get this kind of service from many other companies (if any at all).

They had a recall on augers in some of the 2005 models. Had they had his registration he probably would have been contacted a while back.

BrotherBart said:
They had a recall on augers in some of the 2005 models. Had they had his registration he probably would have been contacted a while back.

That would account for Englander replacing the auger for free, but with all the other parts they sent him, they went WAY beyond the call of duty, IMO.

imacman said:
BrotherBart said:

That would account for Englander replacing the auger for free, but with all the other parts they sent him, they went WAY beyond the call of duty, IMO.

Plus they sent it next day air.

Charlie500e said:
What was the original auger made of that melted?

It appears to be made of an aluminium alloy.

Here is a picture of the auger that I removed.

Attachments

• Auger.bmp
    586.9 KB · Views: 424
imacman said:
Cozy Old Coot said:

YIKES!!!! :gulp:

Yikes is right... WOW!!

Great service. Englander shines through again. Making my new stove choice awfully hard..

DexterDay said:
imacman said:
Cozy Old Coot said:

Yikes is right... WOW!!

Great service. Englander shines through again. Making my new stove choice awfully hard..

You need a new stove or is it you want a newer play toy, come on fess up you are among friends?

SmokeyTheBear said:
DexterDay said:
imacman said:
Cozy Old Coot said:

Yikes is right... WOW!!

You need a new stove or is it you want a newer play toy, come on fess up you are among friends?

Its a play toy. Not gonna lie. The Quad is "To Easy" and doesnt have a hi/low function, among all the other user input settings I want...

This Spring the Quad will say Good bye

imacman said:
Cozy Old Coot said:

I wish that "YIKES" was all that I heard last night before leaving for work.

The boss lady saw that picture and was quite upset >:-( that I had placed the auger on the corner of her grand ma's favorite table that was left to her when she passed a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.