England Stove Works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike's on top of it again,let's hear it for Mike.

Thanks for checking it out Mike. Hopefully this isn't a widespread problem, but where there's smoke...

I had the same issue with the blower binding. This happened within a month of purchase. I called them and they didn't have my registration on record even though I emailed it two weeks earlier. They went ahead and registered it and after about 5 minutes on hold they came back on and said they will have a new blower coming to me. If they included postage for, to send the old one back. No postage.
I have not had any problems with this blower and has been running the most part of December, January and Feb, so far.
I can tell while turning the old blower different directions, something in it is binding.
I do like my insert and their customer service seems top notch too.
Joe

Dealt with them when I experimented with the "WOOD PELLET" thing. Had one of their pellet stoves. Customer service was exceptional in all respects. Mike is a wealth of info and has always gone the "extra mile" to help the customer. Although the pellet experience didn't work out for me, I wouldn't hesitate to get one of their wood burning products. Englander makes a solid line of 'middle of road cost products" with lots of bang for the $$$$$. And no I don't work for Englander or sell them. Just a past customer who had great service from them.

stoveguy2esw said:
Little D. said:
Hey Folks,

I purchased the 13nci on 1/31/10, love the insert, but... The blower that came with the insert AC-13BA worked for about 20 minutes. I contacted tech support and they sent me a new blower immediately. Fire #2 - Middle tube falling down; I loosened the screw and tried to move the tube and tightened screw but the tube continued to fall (I should have just bent the bracket but I figured this should be done right) so I contacted tech support and they sent me a new tube) Blower #2 worked for about ten fires and started to make metal on metal sounds so I contacted tech support (I even sent them a voice memo of the sound coming from the blower) and the tech said ""this doesn't happen, these are good blowers" do you still have the original blower? No, it didn't work, if you wanted it back you should have sent me a return postage label. Anyway, they sent me another blower (with a return postage label) I received it on Thursday and started using the new one today, for about an hour and then it was metal on metal again.

What good is an insert with no blower?

Has anyone had this problem? England tech support has been good, but the technicians attitude has started to change.

Starting to get fed up!

Little D

Costomer

give me a call about it monday, im PMing you my direct extension

Not many companies will give you Personal/Direct Customer Service like that!

I've never seen an Englander, but just reading the reports from satisfied customers makes me want to check one out, next time I'm in the market. They sound like folks who know how to make stoves and keep customers.

But this obvious blower issue is whats keeping me from making a purchase. I watched one (13) operate at my boss' home 2 days ago and would have no problem with buying but Im gonna have a blower when I want heat in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.