england stove works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2birds40

Nov 20, 2007
upstate ny.
Hi great site.I just bought a new house from a bank auction that has a new england stove.The stove was built in 2000 I can't find a model number on it.From looking at the website it is a add on furnace.Is there anyway to i.d. this stove so i can get an owners manual.Thanks in advance.

thanks stove guy after closer inspection it is the 28-3500 and was right where you said it should be.is this a good stove and anything i should be aware of?

heck of a stove, biggest thing to remember , the draft control on the bottom door should only be used for startup,(usually a little underneath air helps get a basement unit burning easier) but once the fire is established, close the bottom door draft cap and use only the top draft control for the burn cycle. using thebottom draft for the full burn cycle can cause overfire and will also blow through wood too fast.

the whole house furnace blower also is a big help if it can be set on a low but constant speed, this helps get the heat around the house better especially in zoned ducting which can create resistance that the wood furnace blower may struggle to overcome by itself.

i put one in my dads house before last winter , he flat out loves it.

here is a link to download the manual http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/28-3500.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.