Englander 10-CDV Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corn Learner

Oct 13, 2008
Michigan Thumb
I am the proud owner/operator of an Englander 10-CDV. It's been up and running for about 1 month now. I have read every post in this forum concerning the control panel on this unit. As I understand it, the heat settings of 1 and 2 can have additional adjustments using the low fuel feed button and the low burn air buttons. My first question is 1- Is there a difference between heat setting one and two if the settings for the low fuel feed and low burn air don't change?
Question 2- Does anyone know the factory setting for these 2 bottom buttons? I know that the air on button is always going to be on the #1 setting.
Question 3- What is the designed-in typical fuel consumption in lbs/hr (Corn/Pellets) at the various factory settings. 3 thru 9
as well as the fuel consumption at the the feed rates of 1 thru 9 while it is at heat settings 1 and 2.

I recently ran this stove at a heat setting of 3 with a blower speed of 3 and consumed a full hopper of corn (80#s) in about 20 hours. I thought this was pretty high.

No one with answers for me on this post?

I can't help but wonder why there aren't more mentions of the Englander 10-CDV multi fuel stove in this forum. Is this an odd ball stove or is it that no one has problems with it? Does anyone know how long this stove was in production before it was discontinued?

You may want to check out iburncorn.com. I'm guessing that more folks have mutilfuel stoves on that site.

iburncorn.com is a good site. Lots of good folks there that can likely help you out. I could be wrong, it does happen ;-) , but I believe that on most stoves the numbers on the feed rate correspond roughly to pounds per hour. 1 would feed approximately 1 lb. per hour, 9 would feed approximately 9 lbs. per hour. That's what I've been told but I find that my stove feeds at a slower rate than that.

Using those figures, 80 lbs. @ 3-3 should have burned for slighly over 26 hours. I think it's time to tinker with your settings a little. Hopefully, the corn guys will be more familiar with your stove and can help you get it adjusted. Good luck!

Thanks for the input. I will see if iburncorn has anything as well.

I have been burning corn for the most part. I have mixed in some wood pellets to keep the stove going at the lowest setting of 1-1, 1-1-1. I think that the corn I have may be a little on the moist side 13-15% instead of the recomended 12-13%. I have also noticed that the third button on the bottom that everyone says should stay at 1 (On Air Temp) controls the auger rotation speed while the unit is in the corn burning mode. At this time I am not sure what is does in the pellet burning mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.