1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Englander 10-cdv questions

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Brokemofo, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brokemofo

Brokemofo New Member

Loc:
    Central PA.
    I am burning hardwood pellets,have outside air hookup. What should my settings on the bottom buttons be? I am having clinker buildup.I am heating a 1700 sq. ft 100 year old house with this so I can't complain about it. I would just like to fine tune it. I used 2 1/2 tons so far this year and about 1/8 of a tank of oral.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    depends , did the clinker buildup just start recently or has it been there all along???
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Welcome to the forum.

I see mike has chimed in, so your in good hands.
  4. Brokemofo

Brokemofo New Member

Loc:
    Central PA.
    The whole time. The first ton of pellets wasn't to bad but the second ton was from Lowes and they sucked. Now I am burning Energex pellets and they burn good, lots of heat but I still have clinker buildup. I use this as my sole source of heat so it is burning 24/7. I bought this used off of Craigslist for a nice price. The people who had it were burning pellets with the stirrer in place. I can get the Energex pellets for $200 a ton at a local stove shop. They smell like they consist of mostly walnut.
  5. BenG

BenG New Member

Loc:
    NH Seacost
    I have a 10-CDV that I am really enjoying. This is the second year and I havent had a problem with clinkers yet. I have burned Pennington's, Corinth, and a few bags of Okies. I also use the stirrer. I tried it w/o and found that the ash built up really quick and then I wasnt getting a good flame or a lot of heat out of the stove. I am still using the factory settings and havent had any problems. My only problem was with a weak auger motor which I replaced and now things are burning well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.