Englander 10-CDV stirrer constantly spinning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost5849

Aug 30, 2008
Central NJ
This is my third season using my my 10-CDV. This year, my stirrer motor spins constantly after the 3 min startup. In the past, it only turned when the fuel auger turned. Any idea how to fix this?

Sounds like it's set in the corn mode. But I don't have info on it.

imacman will be here later on. He'll help ya!

First of all, I'm wondering why you have it set to corn mode while burning pellets?

Secondly, has anything happened to the stove (electrical "surge", etc) during the summer? (did you have it plugged in all summer? Is it plugged into a surge protector?)

The only things I can think to do, is first try unplugging the stove and plugging back in to re-set the control board. If that doesn't work, maybe try shutting the stirrer off completely (just to see if it will even do that).

The procedure for shutting it off is:

"The Stirrer may be turned Off by pushing the “Air On” button on the bottom of the Control
Panel, and then pressing the Down arrow on the “Blower Speed” until you see a “0” in the
Blower Speed window."

If that doesn't work, I suggest you try sending Mike Holton a PM explaining the problem.

My stove burns much cleaner in the corn mode. It keeps clinkers and deposits out of the burn pot. Thanks for the tip. I tried your suggestion but to no avail. I might have a faulty control board. I do use a surge protector and the stove is unplugged in the off season. The stove runs fine with the stirrer spinning constantly. The only issue is when starting, after the three min warm up, sometimes the stirrer snuffs out the newly lit pellets.

Well, as I mentioned, a call to Mike H. on Monday at Englander, or trying him by using a PM might solve the problem, or confirm your thoughts of a bad control board.

I have Mike's phone extension # at Englander....PM me if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.