Englander 10-CPM (bought, burn, and install)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, Dexter. Great stove at a great price. I would love to get one too, if i needed one. Since I don't, I will just live through your posts.

Enjoy.

Congrats, Dexter. Great stove at a great price. I would love to get one too, if i needed one. Since I don't, I will just live through your posts.

Enjoy.

Thanks Vinny... If I had not bought my New Mower and Chainsaw, I would have bought the Enviro M-55 (Steel). Im sure your familiar with that one ;)

But to get a Brand New CPM for the price of a Refurb!! I was ecstatic to wim that auction.... Cant wait. Wife has lots of plans.

Our Kitchen is a very dark Red (burgundy) and we have an Americana theme throughout the house. So the Pellet stove room (Dining Room) is gonna be painted a dark blue and I am going to fix the old vent hole, build a raised hearth, install new Selkirk DT venting... This will be a pretty large thread (if it dont hit the Ash Can), when its all said and done. But like my other 2 installs (30-NC and Fahrenheit) they transform over time. From nothing, to something...

Thanks again Vinny. Will definitely post my reviews next Winter.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Congrats on the new addition to the family! ==c I am interested to see how you like the Selkirk DT. A few of us got a free "demo" cap from a pipe cap manufacturer a few months ago and I posted photos of what it looked like when I took my "nozzle" off and replaced it with the cap. What type of termination are you going to purchase?

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/plugging-up-selkirk-dt-during-off-season.72769/

Congrats on the new addition to the family! ==c I am interested to see how you like the Selkirk DT. A few of us got a free "demo" cap from a pipe cap manufacturer a few months ago and I posted photos of what it looked like when I took my "nozzle" off and replaced it with the cap. What type of termination are you going to purchase?

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/plugging-up-selkirk-dt-during-off-season.72769/

Probably going with the Horizontal nozzle like you have. Going to do the 3' rise inside.

Does DT have an adjustable section? Or is it all solid set lengths?

Probably going with the Horizontal nozzle like you have. Going to do the 3' rise inside.

Does DT have an adjustable section? Or is it all solid set lengths?

I also have a 3 foot vertical rise inside. I believe they sell adjustable sections.

Because the Oak is cooling the outer pipe? What is the Clearance to Combustibles on DT?

Pellet Vent Pro is 1". And multi fuel rated... Im "Assuming" that DT is rated for multi fuel? And at least 1" CTC.

Because the Oak is cooling the outer pipe? What is the Clearance to Combustibles on DT?

Pellet Vent Pro is 1". And multi fuel rated... Im "Assuming" that DT is rated for multi fuel? And at least 1" CTC.
Good assumption. You need multifuel DT. http://www.selkirkcorp.com/metalbest/Product.aspx?id=7390

It is 1" CTC. But you can't assume everyone always has the OAK hooked up. ;)

Good assumption. You need multifuel DT. http://www.selkirkcorp.com/metalbest/Product.aspx?id=7390

It is 1" CTC. But you can't assume everyone always has the OAK hooked up. ;)

Yep... Right on... Didnt even think about NOT hooking up the OAK.

Its gonna be here tomorrow between 4-6 p.m.

Stoked isn't even the word to use........ If its Really Loud.... I have a Plan for that (not going where the Quad is).

It may go in the Living room, where our Pre-Fab fireplace is........ Dad said he will buy the Quad. But thats if I sell it? ?

Sooo you might keep the Quad and add the CPM? _g

Hate to get rid of a stove that is on Low on the stat right now. And heats the house just fine below 30°…

Dad wont take it for awhile. Gonna burn in thw CPM Sat night.... I have been wanting to tear my Pre-Fab out? Dont know.whats gonna happen until Saturday.

The CPM should be more than enough though. Ultimate goal is to move my 30-NC upstairs. Where the Pre-Fab is… One day................

For some reason dexter didnt trust me to be there to sign for it... could be cuz o told him i'd have the truck driver throw it right on my truck?!?!?!? ;) cant wait to instal it with ya though,happy burning brother!!

beware the first burn, as a "second" i didnt test fire it, should run just fine though but the "burn in" process hasnt been done, she gonna stink for a few hours but it'll go away after that

Definitely gonna give it a Looooong Burn on Saturday night and maybe a few times after that. Its gonna be a couple months before I get the Dining room done (drywall, paint, raised hearth, new DT venting, etc).

But I will make sure it has no Stink left when its broight in..... Thanks again Mike.

Folks here you see the excitement that occurs when an Oinker is awaiting the arrival of a new pellet eater coupled with the indecision about parting with an old friend (side note, last year this same Oinker was having qualms about getting rid of his Fahrenheit). That is one situation you'd best not bet on.

Now we sit back and see what ends up where.

Reactions: DexterDay
Folks here you see the excitement that occurs when an Oinker is awaiting the arrival of a new pellet eater coupled with the indecision about parting with an old friend (side note, last year this same Oinker was having qualms about getting rid of his Fahrenheit). That is one situation you'd best not bet on.

Now we sit back and see what ends up where.

The Quad would be a Great Replacement for the old PDV??? ;)

Decisions ... Decisions? ? !!

Awefully pretty stove for a garage.

Dads said he is takin it. I doubt the Wife would let me keep it. The whole premise of getting this one now, is I must replace the $$. So I gotta sell it. Or I have to sell other toys (ATV's, Chainsaws, Etc) and that ain't happening! !!

Those quads with the Loop Igniter have an easy T-Stat connection to the screw terminals on the back. They are the best T-Stat working older stoves I have seen so far! It kept my shed right at 70 Degs F and I could start it from the toggle switch in the house! Jam Free Auger, Easy to paint, Easy to fix! Boy I am missing it~! :confused:

Attachments

• CB1200FireInShed1.jpg
    CB1200FireInShed1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 157
Well. Its here. I have a couple questions regarding the overall operations?

Does the combustion blower "step up" with each feed rate? IIRC The bottom 3 on these newer units affects ALL heat levels?

The heat exchanger? How does it work ? The airflow (exhaust path) seems to dive down the back wall through holes? Does the fake firebrick reveal a cleaning area? Or is it just for show?

And finally, what type of paint did imacman use for the medallion on the door?

As for my observation. I never there was ash slide clean-outs in the botom of the firebox! Nice feature. The Ash pan gasket doesn't seem to seal great? But with the clean-outs closed, it prob doesn't affect it much anyways?

Also either the burn pot or the receptacle it sits in is warped? I can rock the pot back and forth a decent amount? Which leads to another question? It looks like I can add some "Flat" or "Tape" gasket around the top of the receptacle? Has anyone done this to a CPM? I did it to my Fahrenheit and got great results...

I am not gonna Fire it until Saturday night. Although I am tempted??? !! Definitely stoked to get it. Definitely a good lookin stove. In my eyes..... Its Sexy... (also included a pic of the born on date, its all of 10 days old/ New stove, refurb price) CPM3.jpg CPM4.jpg CPM2.jpg CPM1.jpg

Looking forward to more honest feedback. It is a good looking stove.

Post up the blems for us to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.