Englander 10-CPM Thermostat Install Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb81

Jul 29, 2011
Central MA
Good afternoon, I am installing a thermostat (Lux TX1500U) to my 10-CPM Pellet stove and the install seemed pretty straight forward. I put one wire to the G terminal and another wire to the W1 terminal, and then put both wires to the thermostat terminals on the Stove's control panel.

The thermostat seems to have no impact on the stove whatsoever. It will call for heat, but the stove does not answer, and when it calls for the heat to shut off, it also has no impact. The Stove seems to be behaving the same... hit the on button and it fires up.

Any suggestions other than rechecking the wires? I have the stove going to warm the house up now, but will recheck the terminal wires once I can shut the stove off again.

I assume I should use the 1 Stage or 2-Stage Heating Only wire configuration for the stove? Also, anyone know what the C & P stands for when you press both down arrows on start-up? I had read from imacman that both down arrows toggles between on/off & low/high mode if you have a control board that supports it.

Thank you!

I'm not sure about your unit but on my old Englander there was a jumper on the control panel

Thank you for the response fmsm. I indeed removed the jumper from the terminals and put the two wires from the tstat in their place. According to Englander instructions it does not matter which color goes into which terminal.

stoveguy2esw said:
sounds like a communication issue , need to call me at the shop so i can check this out with you

800-245-6489 ask for mike

Will do, thank you Mike. Was hoping not to bother you guys, but I guess that is what you are there for. :)

one wire goes to RH and the other goes to W.my guess would be c=corn and p=pellet since its a multifueler.hope this helps.i have the same t-stat

corkman said:
one wire goes to RH and the other goes to W.

Those are the correct connections in the stat for the wires.

As for "C" and "P", I have no idea what those are. The switch from corn to pellets, or vice versa involves the numbers 1 or 5. See P. 16 in your owners manual.

Great thanks Corkman! I spoke with Englander and you are correct about C & P too.

Thank you for verifying macman.

I,ll be wanting to know how you make out and what the fix was?
Had the same proplem with my stove.
Stat is on the wall wires are run.
Put the jumper back, colds here and don't want it to shut off.
But like the idea of hi-low.

nhredbird said:
I,ll be wanting to know how you make out and what the fix was?
Had the same proplem with my stove.
Stat is on the wall wires are run.
Put the jumper back, colds here and don't want it to shut off.
But like the idea of hi-low.

The fix was that he had the stat wires on the wrong connectors in the stat. W & Rh are the correct ones.

The hi-lo on your stove is independent of using a stat. You can put it in hi-lo even without the stat.

Let me know if you need the directions to change the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.