Englander 13 fresh air intake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MNtreewood

Jun 27, 2009
Scandia,MN
Friend of mine is looking at stoves and our local lowes doesn't have a display model on the floor. Thought someone here could help. If he puts the leg kit on instead of the pedestal base how visible is the fresh air intake? Or can it be removed if you don't use it?

Sounds dumb but he has a late 70's split entry home that will let everyone view the stove as they come upstairs from the entry and he thinks it would look dumb to have a box hanging below the stove in plain view. Does the 30 have one of these intakes too? Maybe that would sway his decision too.

........In the rear with the gear.........

Yes the 30 has one as well.

Both are 3.000"Ø

If you would like I can take pictures of both the 13 & the 30 so you can see what they look like?

13 with the pedestal and the 30 with the legs......just let me know.

Cheers,Hiram

Yes with the legs It would only be visiable from the staircase on your way up. I have the legs on mine and you cannot see it from eye level. I'm not sure if its removeable or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.