Englander 13-NC Installed liner question (with PICS)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usner21

Oct 16, 2009
Eastern PA
I got my Englander 13-NC installed over the weekend. Everything went pretty smooth. My only issue is my liner comes through my damper area of my fireplace at a slight angle and will not attach flush with my flue collar on the stove. I have attached some pics of the angle of the liner. Do you guys think I will be ok with a 15 degree elbow adapter? I already ordered one from Woodland Direct and just want to make sure it will work before it ships!

Attachments

• IMG_0086R.jpg
    IMG_0086R.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0087R.jpg
    IMG_0087R.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 286
Any opinions anyone? My adapter will ship today and would like some feedback either way! Thanks in adavance.

joecool85 said:
15 degree adapter should fix that for you. Any pics of the stove?

I am thinking the same that it will work. Here is a pic of the stove. I need to redo the front of my hearth as I had to remove some brick to get the stove in. I am going to be redoing the hearth flush with the floor of the firebox from the corners of the opening on out so I can get the stove in and out with relative ease. Have to clean up my brick a little too.

Attachments

• IMG_0089R.jpg
    IMG_0089R.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 312
joecool85 said:
Wow, that's probably the best looking 13 install I've seen. I'm not normally a fan of the 13, but this one sure looks nice in there.

Yeah I am really happy with the way it turned out. It was really a perfect fit. I am excited to burn with it!

Do you have a thread already started? I haven't been following your install if you have. Why does your liner look so small compared to the stove collar? What size liner is it? If these are in another thread, then I apologize.

Danno77 said:
Do you have a thread already started? I haven't been following your install if you have. Why does your liner look so small compared to the stove collar? What size liner is it? If these are in another thread, then I apologize.

No install thread started! The liner is 6" and the stove flue collar is 6". I think it is just the way the picture took that makes it look smaller. The liner and stove collar are the correct sizes. The liner goes into the collar it just leaves a 1 inch or so gap on the front side because of the angle the liner comes down through the fireplace damper at.

delp said:
congrats, usner21, you sure got this done fast, i'm impressed! Good luck!

Thanks all in all it went smooth. I got lucky as Home Depot had the stove in stock locally. All I need now is the angled elbow adapter so I can connect the liner and burn it!

I had the same issue with the liner being off center and at a wacky angle. In the end, I had to tip the stove forward to line up the adjustable elbow with the flue collar. Hope all goes well in the final stretch!

Status
Not open for further replies.