Englander 13 NC - Temp Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toddnic

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2013
North Carolina
I have a neighbor with a Englander 13 NC. I was just over at his house and he had a blazing fire going in the woodstove. I asked him if he knew what the stove top temperature was. He said that he had never monitored it.....but he did have an IR gun. The temperature on the top of the stove was around 660 degrees. The flue temp was 560. Does anyone on this forum know what the normal operating temp is for this stove? Was is the highest temp that it should burn at?

Thanks for your help!

660 is fine for the stove. 500-600 is optimum cruising.

i have the 13nc and keep it at 600 but some times i take it to 700 to cruise just depends on what i want out of it but 700 all day is nothing for her to do and it be ok. The flue iwould maybe try to get down i run mine up to 450 to get the stove top up then start shutting it down and when its cruiseing its stove top 600-650 and flue 300-330. Is his on single wall pipe or double wall?

I just had a 13 NC installed a few weeks ago, so I am still learning.

I have the thermometer on top of the stove, and everyone here and at Englander says 500-600 is the perfect cruising temp. However, maybe it's the weather (the lowest it's gotten has been 30 degrees), but 400 has been PLENTY hot for us. That keeps it 80+ in the stove room and 70 at the far end of the house. 500 makes our eyeballs sweat.

Thats right it is a little heat throwing machine 450-500 gets great heat but it was 5 deg here so i run here hotter and it does the job easily when it gets really cold you will push it there and its just fine

i have the 13nc and keep it at 600 but some times i take it to 700 to cruise just depends on what i want out of it but 700 all day is nothing for her to do and it be ok. The flue iwould maybe try to get down i run mine up to 450 to get the stove top up then start shutting it down and when its cruiseing its stove top 600-650 and flue 300-330. Is his on single wall pipe or double wall?
Single wall pipe.

Double wall for me, so I really have no idea what the flue temps are.

Yes mine is single wall thats why i shut the air down at 450 flu bc its close to double that internal temp wise so i try not to go over 500 for a brief time

On my summit the flue temps go up to 600 on start up and reload, takes a while befoe they work there way back to 400 or below, freaked me out when I first started running the new stove (old stove ran with much lower flue temps) now I know it is not a problem.
Sounds like his 13 is hitting on all cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.